America’s Energy Link
Earlier this year, the Interstate Natural Gas Association of America (INGAA) and the INGAA Foundation launched a strategic communications campaign designed to educate everyday Americans about the benefits of natural gas and natural gas pipelines.
The campaign, called America’s Energy Link, is a strategic effort designed to expand the industry’s digital and social media presence by showing how pipelines serve as a vital link to bring energy to homes and businesses.
America’s Energy Link hopes to educate the public about the tangible benefits natural gas pipelines bring to their quality of life. Take a moment to watch the great video on natural gas and natural gas pipelines.
The campaign has three main pillars: economic benefits of natural gas and natural gas pipelines, pipeline safety and the environment. You can read about all three on the campaign’s landing page.
While our company can use its own social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) to amplify the campaign, we also encourage you to share the information on your personal social channels. Our jobs depend on natural gas and natural gas pipelines, and we can all play a role in helping to spread this valuable knowledge.
Here are a few ways you can get involved in the campaign:
- Take a moment to sign up with your email on the America’s Energy Link website. www.ingaa.org/energylink
- You will receive a monthly newsletter and social media toolkit, that will give you sample posts and graphics.
- Go to the Resource Center on the landing page (at the bottom of the page) to download all kinds of useful information, including graphics, the toolkits, press releases and other materials.
- Post content on your social media channels or share via email information from the campaign, or simply “like” or “retweet” on Facebook or Twitter.
- Use the #energylink hashtag when you’re on Twitter if you have a good news story to share about natural gas or natural gas pipelines (your company added jobs thanks to increased pipeline construction; your gas bill is down thanks to the abundance of natural gas).
Together, we can make a difference!